Saturday, July 26

A Non-Traditional Wedding Gift

Our friends E & S got married in Malaysia a month ago and today was their Wedding Blessing in Melbourne. As they were an "inter-faith" couple, they had a Hindu wedding and a Catholic blessing.

That bit of info actually has nothing to do with this entry as it's all about our wedding gift for them. This is the first time they are ever living together so they're basically just starting out. They didn't register at any store so it made gift giving a tad more difficult.

I was thinking of what I would like to get if I was in their situation and I thought about all the gadgets in our kitchen that made our domestic life easier. Nothing fancy, just the cheap things that we have found useful over the past couple of years. One such item is our potato press, which, if you've never used one, would never comprehend why there would be a need. But once you've tried it, you'd never go back, as the masher makes the fluffiest, creamiest mashed potatoes this side of town.

So off to Ikea I went to get the press and a few other bits and pieces. Typically, when I got to the store, they were all out of potato presses. Yes, my love-hate relationship with Ikea continues. I didn't let Ikea's stock inconsistency daunt me and so I picked up some thingamajigs and even got a big enough box for it all to fit in.

I wrote (typed & printed, actually) personal notes for each item and tied the notes with ribbon.




I then put them all together and ended up with a lovely, albeit bulky, present.



I like giving personalised presents and this is probably one of my favorite ones to date.

No comments: