Sunday, July 6

Hallway Makeover

As part of my goal to become more organised, I decided to make over the hallway as it looked crap, to put it mildly.

This is what it looked like:



You can see why I had to take action. It grated on my aesthetic self every time I looked at it. Which was everyday, as it is the hallway.

Now it looks a bit better.


Recognise the chest of drawers? That's the one I bought from Ikea. The bowl was a wedding gift. The Buddha head is from Thailand. I found the mirror in our shed and painted it brown (it was whitewashed blue previously, go figure). The vase was from a $2 shop but I need to put something in it.

But I'm really quite pleased at how it turned out.

I don't know what to do with the shoe rack though. D thinks it's an eyesore. I have to think about that.

What did I do with the shelf, you ask? Painted it brown and green and called it avocado. No, seriously.



It's now living in our lounge room (yet another project in the works).

We were able to cull out a lot of books and D has put a lot of his books in storage (in the toy box that used to hold my bags, how efficient are we?) in the shed. This is how I got my space in the shelf. The right side is mine (and the second shelf from the top). I still have space, woohoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what the ??? i came here like a last week..no update...and now... A MILLION updates!
Great work on the hallway :D It looks pretty !!!

Now...i had a look at your future massage chair...and all i can say is..." I WANT " ....hee hee
xx
K

Manila Girl said...

Yes, I've decided to resuscitate my blog again. Let's see how long it lasts this time. =)

lei said...

got here from another blog (couldnt remember which). interesting reads. will visit from time to time to check for updates. =)