Sunday, July 20

Backlog

I've got a serious case of book backlog. I've just gotten three new books from the library and I"m still trying to get through the last batch.


I'm struggling through Drop City at the moment. I'm not too sure I'm even inclined to finish it. It's a bit all over the place and I keep waiting for it to converge somehow but I'm more than halfway and I still can't see what this book is about. The characters are unlikeable and who wants that? I've even browsed through the ending and this is a no-no for me and is usually an indication that I can't be bothered with the book.

I'll read What Was Lost next as it's a 14-day book and can't be renewed. Maybe the time constraint will see me getting through this book quicker.

I need a weekend of just reading. Maybe a whole week...

No comments: