Tuesday, January 30

Locked Out on a Monday Morning

Yesterday, I got to work a little past 8.30am and I see my officemates camped outside our security door. Apparently, we were locked out due to a glitch.

Since I'm very silly, I've decided to draw up a rough sketch of the scene.

Yes, there is an actual sofa and a table there. I did NOT just put them there because I found them on MS Word clipart.

The broken lines represent security doors but the first door from the lobby is only security protected outside office hours. The door at the bottom was the one we needed to get into. The other door (top part) that goes to the other side of the building was not locked. However, since the two sides of our floor were not linked, it was useless to us.

So, there were about a dozen of us, waiting (where the sofa and table were) for the door to magically open. I'm sure we all read through all of the three newspapers that were there. I surely did. We even went out for coffee (I also had raisin toast) on the company's tab while waiting.

But, technology being what it is and building managers being conveniently stuck in traffic, we were only let inside at around 10.30am. Welcome to the modern age.

2 comments:

jax said...

hahaha that's awesome! also, i love the couch and table. very chic.

chrismiss said...

You're silly