Wednesday, January 17

Irony is...

I left work early yesterday (gone by quarter to 5) so that I could go and pick up my lovely, long-awaited MacBook from the shop which closes at 5.30. D picked me up and we braved the scorching heat (about 40ÂșC) and rush hour traffic to try to get to the shop in time. We did.


After a short wait, some paperwork and signatures, I got my new toy. We headed home (after a brief stop at the library) and I quickly unpacked the laptop from its box.

Just as I was about to plug the Book into the powerpoint, our power went out. Yes, people, THERE WAS A POWER OUTAGE. So, for the better part of an hour, I was looking at my brand new toy longingly but could do nothing else but stare at it.

It was funny but so typical as well. Hehe.

________

All's well that ends well as I was able to play with my new toy for the rest of the night.


By 11 o'clock, D was threatening to let me be, so I could sleep with my Mac instead of him. I would have happily acquiesced but I didn't want to go to counseling after just 4 months of marriage.

________


So, for the next month, I'll be busy learning OS X and unlearning Windows (well, I can't really as I still have to use it at work). Wish me luck!

2 comments:

chrismiss said...

WOOHOO! Pahiram! heheheeh

Manila Girl said...

Sige!! Basta you come here!