Sunday, January 28

Australia Day and lots of sleep

We had Friday off as it was Australia Day. No idea what that entails (because I'm not Australian, duh) and still don't as I spent most of the day sleeping. IT WAS SO GOOD.

I woke up past 11 o'clock in the morning, had semi-brunch (couldn't be bothered cooking), read in bed, might've dozed again then properly woke up at past 3pm and went to DFO (Direct Factory Outlet) to do some shopping. It was a success and I went home with lots of spoils.

For $120, I ended up with: 2 dresses, 4 tank tops, 3 T shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 1 pair capri pants, 1 pair shorts, 1 midriff cardigan. Really good, huh? I so love it.

Saturday was pretty much the same with me spending most of the day in bed. My body so needed the sleep.
________



We did go out Saturday evening to watch Pan's Labyrinth. It was amazing. Very nice cinematography and effects. Good story too. I would've loved it but it was too brutal for my taste. There were too many scenes where I was cringing in my seat and covering my eyes. Admittedly, I am queasy, but D also said it was too brutal for him too.

And I thought we were going to see a Fairy Tale for Adults kind of thing. Which it was. But the other side of the film felt very sadistic. Think Tim Burton but darker. A lot darker.

I do recommend watching it. Just be ready for shock value gore. Also, it's in Spanish and is subtitled so it might not be everybody's cup of tea.

No comments: