Monday, January 15

Weekend



D and I went to the Rooftop Cinema last Friday night to watch Bright Young Things with Karima and her sister. It was great, both the cinema and the movie. Would highly recommend both.

The cinema had a mini bar where you could buy drinks and snacks while waiting for the movie to start (which took a while, since we got there past 7 o'clock and the movie started when it got dark which was a little past 9 pm). Only downside was the elevator was broken when we were coming in so we had to hike 7 floors up. Ouch.

Next time, we would opt to grab snacks at the bar instead of having dinner beforehand so that waiting time wouldn't seem that long. Suggest you come in early (doors open at 7) to save seats. They tend to fill up. Another tip: rent one of the blankets they have for hire ($5 each, all proceeds go to charity), even if you think you won't need it, as the night cools down to a chill.

All in all, it was a really great experience. $18+booking fee.
_____________

Yesterday (Sunday), we went and had a picnic barbecue at Sugarloaf Dam in Christmas Hills. D's family were supposed to join us but they all piked so it was just me, D and Kev. We brought steaks, sausages, salads and a 6-pack. Makings of a good picnic. Yum, yum.

After we ate, D and Kev went to try their luck with the fishing. I stayed at the picnic site to finish the book I was reading (The Fabulist by Stephen Glass, not worth reading really). After I was done with my book, I went to look for them but encountered 3 kangaroos instead. I was walking around the park, minding my own business, when I looked up to see 3 kangaroos staring at me. Freaky. Needless to say, I stopped looking for the boys and decided to wait for them at the picnic site instead. I'm not very nature-y.

It was a good way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon though and, for once, the weather cooperated.

1 comment:

chrismiss said...

Hahaha