Tuesday, August 12

Tassie Trip, Day 3, Port Arthur

Home stretch! Last 2 posts then I'm done.

What's Port Arthur, you ask? Good question, as I didn't know what it was all about until I went there.

From wikipedia:
"Port Arthur is a small town and former convict settlement on the Tasman Peninsula, in Tasmania, Australia. Port Arthur is one of Australia's most significant heritage areas and the open air museum is officially Tasmania's top tourist attraction."

Read more about it here. I'm too lazy to write about it.

A picture is worth a thousand words anyway, so here's a few thousand...














Man, I'm so glad I didn't live during those times. Life was tough! And those shackles were way heavy.


The tour price ($28/person) included a ferry tour and a walking tour. They were quite interesting.

I'd definitely recommend this place. Gorgeous sites, great architecture, interesting history. Just allow a whole day for a visit. Our legs were killing us by the time we finished. And we didn't even go to everything.

No comments: