Sunday, August 10

Tassie Trip, Day 2, Part 3



After the tour, we decided to drive up to Richmond, which was an historic town 30 minutes away from Hobart. While we were there, we saw the "oldest bridge in Australia", the Richmond Gaol and some pretty churches. It was a really pretty town and looked more like Europe than Australia.













A couple of old churches






At the Richmond Gaol
($7/person)




You won't believe the reasons why some women were jailed in those days -- BEING IN A DISORDERLY HOUSE. Thank god I didn't live then, I'd have been in jail for years.



And Donny would've been whipped!


Guess what that is

It's a man trap! How horrid.



For dinner, we decided to go back to Mures to try the food in the Upper Deck (fancier than the takeaway on the Lower Deck).


I forgot to take a picture before I devoured my caesar salad


And then I forgot to take a picture again before I started on my prawns


Then again, we weren't much impressed with their food (nor their service). The lower deck was much better value.

And that concludes Day 2. Are you tired yet? I sure am.

For more pictures (yes, there's heaps more), click on either picture. One's an album from my camera and the other is from D's.



No comments: