Thursday, October 30

Project Runway Philippines

I got hooked on this show. I had just finished watching the first season of Project Runway Australia (which was great to watch as well, especially since it was filmed in Melbourne) and I happened upon a link for this one.

Needless to say, I watched the first episode. Then the next. And the next. By that time, I was hooked.

It's not the most brilliant production nor do they have the smartest judges. However, they do have compelling designers -- who may lack avant garde-ness in design but make it up with their bitchin' for camera antics.

I watch it mostly because I miss the Philippines and it's good to see familiar landmarks and places. I want to go back to Metro! Metro!, where the designers usually buy their fabric. Yes, exclamation points are included in the mall's name. Only in the Philippines. I love it. I also want to see how Cubao has reinvented itself as an arts centre from just being known for Fiesta Carnival. I miss Manila.

It's funny though that non-Filipinos like it as well. I guess art is the universal language.

Although I don't agree with the judges on who was left in the top 3, I'm still eagerly waiting for the finale. I can't wait to see their collections and who wins. Next week can't come soon enough. Especially after 2 weeks of fluff episodes (reunion and "making-of").

For those who haven't watched a single episode, this link will help you get started.

You've been forewarned. It may be addictive.

No comments: