Wednesday, October 1

I Want

I've been salivating after the iPhone ever since I first read about it. Thing is, it's been available in oz for a while now and I still haven't gotten myself one.

First off, I'm a tightwad and I don't want to pay a ridiculous sum of money for a phone. Even one that's as cool as that. And I didn't want to be swept along with the hype.

Also, I wanted them to fix all the bugs first before I got one so that I don't have the headaches the excited ones got.

But now, I think I've waited long enough and it's high time I got myself one (or someone else, hint hint. too bad D doesn't read this blog). I've been looking at the options on offer by the big telcos and the offers don't look too daunting. Some actually seem downright affordable. Now I just need to read the fine print...

Update:
I now have a headache from reading the fine print. There are 4 telcos offering the iPhone but it seems like they're all on post-paid.

[There's a great debate about Optus still offering pre-paid phones for sale at this geek site (which I love because of it's utter geekiness) but in the unlikely event that I go find a store that sells them (too lazy) it still costs over $800 for the 16gb which I will not likely fork over.]

So, after pouring through the details of 3 of the 4 (Telstra's the devil so I didn't even bother), I am still nowhere closer to making a decision. Correction, I am closer to a decision but that decision is to wait until next year because there is no way I will have the patience to try and make sense of the gobbledygook again this year. I even tried this nifty spreadsheet, link courtesy of the geek site, but it made my head hurt even more.

Oh well, my phone still works and so does my iPod. I guess it'll have to wait. Meanwhile, I need to lie down to get rid of this headache.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive done exactly ALL THAT...man were both nerdy hahahah
I RWEALLY REALLY want one too ...but i might wait til next year..though!
K

Anonymous said...

TALK TO ME FIRST BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING RASH

- sister

Manila Girl said...

what do you mean? but i want an iphone. i don't care about the reviews -- it's still pretty.