Friday, October 3

(Slightly) Green Thumb

I've never had a green thumb. I tend to kill most plants I try to grow. I think I got it from my mom. Between the two of us, we've probably become mass murderers to plants by now.

Which is why it gets me all excited when plants actually grow, and even thrive.



I had my doubts about this rosemary as it was on life support for a few months but come spring 2 years ago, it started growing and growing and growing.

My parsley has also managed to come back from near death and although it's not exactly thriving, at least it's not dying.


My coriander is the one I'm most proud of just because it's the first seed to fully grown plant I've ever managed not to kill. I even transferred it to a bigger pot because it was growing so fast.



Not all are success stories. Just ask my oregano and mint plants. I'm hoping they come back to life, somehow. It's spring! Grow!



I've also planted some more plants in the hope that I'll have a fully fledged garden come summer.

These are my tomato plants, which have not shown any signs of life at all.



This is my rocket pot, which is showing some potential.


You have to look really hard but the buds are there.


I'm also growing lettuce and they're the ones that I'm getting real excited about. D made me put in a gazillion seeds in my pots and now I think they're going to get crowded real soon.





And then there are the unknowns.

I planted this without labeling it and now I'm not exactly sure what it is. I have a suspicion it's rocket but then when I planted it I didn't have any rocket seeds. Go figure.



This one's even more bizarre because I thought it was sweet basil. It doesn't look or smell like basil at all. I have a feeling it's a weed. =(




So that's my garden. Thanks for visiting. Come back again in a month's time and hopefully I'll have more progress to report on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited to come and help you garden!