Thursday, October 9

Work Meltdown

Work's been a bitch lately. Too much work, too much stress. I usually manage my work load pretty well, mainly because I'm efficient. And I become bored easily. So I try to work quickly before I get bored with a task, any task.

But lately, more and more work has been piled on my plate and I've already cried uncle a couple of times with no relief. I know everyone's under the pump at the moment but that doesn't mean I pick up their slack. Pay me more and maybe I'll consider it.

I've been having trouble sleeping lately and that's a clear indication of my stress level. Today, I had a meltdown (in the privacy of a cubicle in the loo) because it just got a bit too overwhelming. The thing is, there's no end in sight and that's starting to tax me.

I'm starting to dread going to work and I haven't felt that in a while now. I don't know what to do. One reason I'm stressing is I don't like doing shoddy work. But with the work load I have, there's only two ways to go: either the work suffers or I suffer. And no job is worth suffering for.

I need a holiday.

No comments: