Monday, October 6

Last Tuesday

So, almost a week ago, we celebrated our second anniversary. I was planning to give D a photo book of our 3 1/2 years together but I wasn't able to finish it on time (I'm still not done) so I had to rearrange my schedule last Tuesday to get him some Koko Black chocolates from the city. They're lovely lovely chocolates. Very yum.





As I've previously mentioned, D took me to Donovans. It was very very good. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.



Of course I forgot to take pictures of our entree and main courses so you'll just have to use your imagination.

We started with the complementary farmers bread with broad bean paste (infused with parmesan and basil) which was quite good.


We shared an entree - 4 tastes which was basically 4 mini meals. They were all v yummy, although I've now forgotten what they were. Anyway, I think this entree changes every so often, depending on the chef's choice.

I asked my friend J what to order as Donovans is her favourite place and she unequivocally said, chicken pie. Now, it seems odd to associate chicken pie with a posh restaurant, but you've never had chicken pie like they serve it at Donovans. D ordered that and he was v grateful to J for the advice.

I ordered the beef ribs, which turned out to be HUMONGOUS. Seriously. I couldn't finish it, even with D's help.

After all that, I was loathe to order dessert but D, being D, just had to order a rhubarb crumble, which he enjoyed very much.


The sweetest thing was, when the dessert came, they also gave us a complimentary dessert sampler with Happy Anniversary written on it (in chocolate, no less!). Totally unexpected but truly appreciated.


It was a good dinner to celebrate our anniversary. I loved it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Humongous looks weird when it's all caps.

- sister