Tuesday, September 30

Happy Anniversary!

Today's our second wedding anniversary. Time sure does fly.

Last weekend, D had the best idea for our anniversary weekend (well, Saturday anyway) which was to go have brunch at the restaurant where we had our wedding reception then walk through the Treasury Gardens, where we had our wedding photos taken.

It was Grand Final day but we don't follow AFL at all so it had no bearing on our plans. We just had to make sure we weren't in the city too late that we caught the post-game crowd.

The weather cooperated, which was very generous for Melbourne in spring. I guess the AFL gods were feeling benevolent at the time.

Society has had a complete revamp since our wedding luncheon. It looks and feels very different and although it's more modern and contemporary now, I think it's lost some of its charm in the process.



The menu's changed and the prices have been jacked up but at least breakfast was still good value for money. Coffee wasn't bad either.




However, if I had walked into the restaurant as it is now, looking for a reception venue, I don't think Society would've been in my top 5. It's way too posh and just a tad charmless for me.

This is the section we had our reception then

This is what it looks like now


It's a bit hard to compare I know since I was too shy to walk through and take pictures of the section.

Even the signage and facade are different. And maybe I'm biased but I liked the old one better.

Old

New


One good thing about the renovation was the bathrooms. They're heaps better. The old ones were really dingy and just a tad gross.



No then pictures to compare (un)fortunately.

After brunch, we walked through Treasury Gardens which wasn't as colourful as it was during our wedding day. I think it's because this year, winter's hung on for longer than usual and so most of the flowers aren't in bloom yet.

Those pictures will have to come later (and might be a series in the postcards blog) as this entry is way too long now.

Tonight, D's taking me out to Donovans. We've been meaning to go (I mean, c'mon, the name alone would get us there) and were just waiting for a good enough reason (it's not exactly cheap). So, yey, I'm excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post!
happy anniversary =)
k

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary guys!!