Tuesday, September 9

Orange Goodness

We have a godawful office chair at home that I use for sewing. D's had it for ages and I've been using it for lack of a better one. I've been meaning to do something about it but I've been busy (lazy).


Last Sunday afternoon, I had enough energy to re-upholster the chair and I'm happy with the results.

I basically stripped the chair seat of the rubber that was lining it (lots of staple wires), covered it with the new fabric ($2/m from Darn Cheap Fabrics) and stapled the fabric onto the chair.

For the back rest, I had D remove all the hardware (harder than it sounds) and then sewed a case to fit snugly. I put the case over the back, stapled it shut and then had D put the chair back together.

And, voila, with a little bit of effort and not a lot of cash, we now have a newish chair that's still functional but much more stylish.

D loves it as orange is his favorite colour. I love it just because it's not godawful anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

new post pleeeeeeeeeease :)

xx
k