Monday, April 30

Sunshine: A Review

Watched this movie about 2 weeks ago but I still feel that it warrants a blog. Since it is sci-fi, there are holes in the story but with films like this, you have to suspend disbelief while you are watching it or else your head explodes (or you don't enjoy the film at the very least).

I enjoyed it. Surprisingly, too. Other than certain parts of the ending (I won't go into detail due to spoilers) which I felt insulted the rest of the movie, it was an entertaining watch.

I have decided that I like Danny Boyle. 28 Days Later is one of the few zombie movies that I like (I know the sequel, 28 Weeks Later won't be as good but I'm still watching it). I even like The Beach, which was almost universally panned, just because of how it looked like. Now, I haven't watched Trainspotting (it's a subtitle movie for me and I have to be in the mood) other than a few glimpses here and there and I know it's the quintessential Boyle film. But the movies that I have watched, I enjoyed.

Cillian Murphy is brilliant, as always. Now, I don't really like like him but I think he's a very good actor. And that fire guy from Fantastic Four was surprisingly good as well.

This film sort of reminded me of the Alien series but without the Alien. I recommend watching it.

1 comment:

Paula said...

If you're going to watch a Danny Boyle movie, watch "Shallow Grave". I think it was the film he made before "Trainspotting". The accents aren't too thick, and the film is brilliant.

Cillian Murphy's eyes are scary!