Monday, April 16

Junk Food = Pick Me Up?

I gave in to temptation and went to McDonalds (Maccas, as it is called here. Don't quote me on the spelling.) for some takeaway junk food. My reasons? It's Monday, it's dreary and I feel unmotivated to work.

As I was walking back to work, holding my McDonald's brown bag, I had this absurd guilty feeling. Guilty because I was giving in to temptation to load my body down with calories. Guilty as most of my officemates were health freaks and did not look too kindly on junk food for lunch.

I suddenly missed Manila. The anonymity I have as hordes of office workers flock to McDonalds (McDo, as it is called there) for their lunch everyday. McDo, where I can get a meal of chicken with rice and gravy (and this got me thinking off to another tangent and made me miss Jollibee as well). The myriad of malls and food stalls where you can get anything your tummy so desires. Good, old, chaotic Manila.

I walked back to my office with a heavy heart.

Postscript: I didn't even enjoy my meal of McChicken, fries and diet Coke. The burger was sloppily made and had too much mayo. The fries weren't crispy. And Coke is Coke. Argh.

3 comments:

chrismiss said...

Hehe. Hydrogentated fat galore. Well IIIII had a mcdonald's breakfast before my beach trip and I had a pancake meal with sausage and I put lots of syrup and butter and it was sooooooo good!

I'll bring you chicken joy if you like, you can just reheat it.

K said...

Never :) I LOVE junk food!!! Theyre all just Jealous he he he.!!! Too bad we couldnt share some chips!

Manila Girl said...

Well, you left me! Now I don't have an ally in the office. Hmm, maybe Kim. She likes Maccas.