Tuesday, May 8

It's been a while

I haven't blogged in more than a week.

I've been busy with work (ugh), reading lots (at least I've been updating my reading blog), getting ready for when the parents come to visit (in less than 2 weeks! woohoo!), ebaying (it's very addictive), practice driving and watching DVDs.

Besides, there has been nothing new to warrant an interesting post. Oh well.

I've been driving more lately. Mostly weekends and errands. D's going to the mechanic tomorrow to get my new old car serviced to make sure it's at least safe. I have a parking slot at work already. I've been taking the online practice knowledge test (yes, I still have to take a silly test even if I have been driving for over ten years) to make sure I can pass the actual test.

Been watching a few DVDs which have been interesting: Kolja (Czech, must see), Le Placard ("The Closet," funny but typical French comedy), L' Appartement ("The Apartment," French, original version of Wicker Park, recommended), and Pulse (Hollywood version of Japanese film, Kairo. Had my eyes closed for most of it, D really liked it as it was creepy. Very Japanese horror.).

Also watched a few which were trying, to say the least: An Inconvenient Truth (everybody raves about this. Literally made me fall asleep. Haven't gone through the whole movie yet. I don't like Al Gore.), Havoc (Stars a very different Anne Hathaway, looked promising but got boring. Haven't finished this either. Too annoying.) and Crank (What in the world has happened to Jason Statham? Silly, silly movie. Nothing redeeming about it at all.).

We also watched Spiderman 3. That warrants its own post...

No comments: