Tuesday, July 17

The Great Wall in Melbourne

Last weekend, D and I went to see the Great Wall of China exhibit in the Melbourne Museum. We were supposed to go with Rob and Tuan but they were almost 2 hours late so we went ahead to explore the exhibit. (Why they were late depends on who's telling the story. Rob blames Tuan and Tuan blames Rob. You know the drill. I think it's because they're both sh*t with directions.)

It was very interesting but a bit limited. The space was small and there weren't enough artifacts. They had lots of videos though but I wouldn't have paid $16 for it willingly. And good thing we didn't.

Because, while D and I were wondering around the museum, we came upon this poster offering Museum Membership. We paid $60 for a year's membership for the 2 of us which allowed us to enter the Great Wall exhibit for just $5 each (instead of the overpriced $16).

It also gives us unlimited free entry to the Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks, Immigration Museum and tours of the Royal Exhibition Building. It also allows us one visit per year to the Planetarium and the Lightning Room at Scienceworks. And we get discounted IMAX tickets! Plus discounts on exhibits.

Another bonus is that we haven't been to any of those places other than the Melbourne Museum. It's amazing!

This gives us motivation to go out on weekends and check those places out.

I like it.

This is me and D with the life-size statues:



I bought this little guy from the souvenir shop:


Yes I know it's touristy but I couldn't help myself. He even comes with his own faux silk box!

4 comments:

chrismiss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chrismiss said...

Sorry. I meant to say he looks like A Martin.

Manila Girl said...

A Martin? Hmm, more like a Chen to me. =)

jax said...

happy 2 years!!!