Monday, December 8

Fun with Magnets

I've always wanted those fridge letter magnets but I found them to be too pricey (seriously, $30?!?).

Me, being a cheapskate, decided to make my own. I found out that it wasn't too hard. I'm even thinking of giving them as gifts, if I ever get un-lazy enough.

What you need:


  1. a computer and a printer
  2. photo paper
  3. magnet tape (the most brilliant invention)
  4. a ruler
  5. cutter/scissors/guillotine

What to do:
  • Using whatever software you're comfortable with, make small boxes with letters/numbers/symbols. Print a few practice runs until you're happy with the size and shape.

  • If you're too lazy to make your own, use my templates below (click and then download). You'll have to print the first one twice to get a decent number of letters. I used 4x6 photo paper and iPhoto.
  • Attach magnet tape in strips to the back of your photo paper. Make sure you don't leave spaces between tapes.
  • Cut your letters (this is the most time and effort consuming part of the process). I used a combination of guillotine, cutter & board and scissors to cut the little buggers.

  • Stick them on your fridge and voila! you've got your own fridge letters.

2 comments:

Emily Grace said...

aaw. these are so cute! I probably would have spent the $30 instead of thinking to make them :)
ps- sorry for stalking you. I was looking for other australian blogspot blog owners :)

chrismiss said...

Very good